Friday 28 September 2012

Editing my prelim

EDITING MY PRELIM
Today I learnt how to edit my prelim. I was taught how to cut pieces of each section to put together all the desired clips to make my prelim the best it could be.
Initially, we looked through all my clips and chose the ones which we thought would be useful and put them in the log bin then the ones we thought were not going to be useful we put in the rush bin. Once we had decided which clips were going to be used, we began to take chunks out of them and put them into my final clip. Originally we followed the sheet on which angles would be shown in which areas, but at the end we changed this because we decided to make Elina seem like the good character so we gave her more stage time which would ultimately make her the more desirable character. Once this was done we decided to sort out any continuity problems. As expected the leaf blower was a problem to the sound and this situation needed to be fixed so we took an audio section from a 30 second clip and copied it across the whole prelim in order to have a constant sound of the leaf blower, this way we were able to fix the continuity problem, thus improving the quality of our prelim.
Overall I found it very interesting learning how to edit footage and I look forward to editing footage for my thriller.

No comments:

Post a Comment