Thursday 20 June 2013

Thriller poster ideas


After having a few tutorials on how to use Photoshop, we have now begun to develop ideas on making our own Photoshop creation. I want to make a poster for 'Sealed', I started brainstorming some ideas as to what deeper meanings or icons our thriller could have, for an example, I looked at the idea of the balled shoe laces, or the scarring of skin from ballet





Here are some of the ideas I begun to develop:

Here is my final creation. I chose the idea of using a piano as this touches on the classical element of the piece, this keeping the poster in sense with the genre. The addition of the ballerina shows that the film is about ballet, and the dirty background reveals this film will touch on the dark side of ballet. I used the 'magic wand' tool a lot to select parts of the image I disliked and remove them, so that my object of interest was standing alone. I changed the opacity as well as flow rate of the different images to make them look more realistic. The 'clone and copy' tool was very helpful in duplicating useful images and saving me time. Working with different layers and adjusting the settings of an image gave me a better understanding of Photoshop and helped me create a more interesting, unusual image.



No comments:

Post a Comment