Thursday 8 November 2012

Titles

Following on from creating my idea for a thriller, I chose two other thrillers which were similar to the story of mine. I then watched the title sequences of these thrillers and wrote down the order of what the titles came in.
Here is the work I did on Cape Fear and The Negotiator:






The Negotiator:

I thought The Negotiator had a really effective titles sequence, I felt it was relivant to the story line of the film and it was entertaining. The use of music was very powerful, it was quite a tragic song which was really good, then there were the occasional sound effects when some photos came it, it was a kind of lighting swiping sound, this worked really well. The editing was also very effective in this clip, I really liked the use of black and white as it made the clip more mysterious , there are also images dissolving into each other.


After analysing these two title sequences I came up with an order of titles I believed would be effective for my thriller:
00:10 - Production Company
00:18 - Director
00:25 - Leading Actors
00:40 - Name of film
00:50 - Actor
00:53 - Actor
01:01 - Actor
01:04 - Actor
01:10 - Casting by ...
01:15 - Costume by ...
01:20 - Music by ...
01:25 - Title sequence by ...
01:30 - Editing by ...
01:35 - Co-produced by ...
01:40 - Executive produced by ...

No comments:

Post a Comment