Saturday 13 October 2012

Thriller Feedback

Today I pitched my thriller idea to Matt. After giving him the outline of my story and which parts I thought would work well in the opening titles he gave me some feedback as to what he thought would be effective. He said my general idea was good, and he likes the parts I chose for the titles sequence but a few problems did arise. Firstly, there was the issue of how to recreate a bar/club scene convincingly as it would not be good if it is not a convincing scene. Secondly, it was important that I did not give away any of the story in the titles sequence as Matt described movies as having three acts, act one being an introduction to the characters and their situation, and act one was the one I am supposed to be focusing on, so I have to ensure I do not give anything away in my title sequence.

With Elina's idea, she was told that the idea seemed too farfetched and would be difficult to film, as she focused her idea around a gohst who makes people fall in love with her in order to feed on their souls. Matt said that the story line was good, just too complex to be successfully achieved by people of our level, but it could work, we just need to work together on simplifying it and making it more practical for filming.
When looking at Bex's idea, she was told it was very good, although it had been done in the past, and we wanted to be origional with our idea, as she went for the story line of somebody who gets dangerously close to somebody on the internet and results in getting herself into some difficulties. Matt agreed with us that the idea should be more different and if we were to chose this as our final idea we would have to figure out a way to make it different and more intresting.

No comments:

Post a Comment